Friday, July 11, 2008

unForgiven (1992--Eastwood)


I'm adopting a new trend. I think I'm naming all of my blogs after movies. Here's my first...

So, I've been reading and hearing a lot about forgiveness lately. Now, I don't have any unforgiveness in my heart, do I? Well, I didn't think so. Last night, dh and I were looking at Luke 6. It was verses 27 and 28 that really struck me.

"But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you."


I thought, I'm doing pretty good. Although, it wasn't automatic, I've learned to treat evil coworkers, associates, and others, with a reasonable amount of respect and pleasantries. I also pray for them. But, then I woke up this morning.

I had a message in my Inbox from my most hated Ex! I know I shouldn't use the word "hate". But, sometimes, I do believe I hate him. It's not always present. Most of the time, I'm okay and don't think I would cringe as badly if I ever saw him again. But, I know something would be there--something not Christ like. My flesh is telling me to curse him to Hell (the place) and never speak to him again. But...

is that what Jesus would do??? When, I think about the cross and all He endured, for evil men, such as me, it makes my unForgiveness seem so shallow and unjustified. It also my goal to never allow any form of bondage to rule over me. Unforgiveness has this stinking tendency to do that. So, Sassy has a LOT to pray and think on today.

No comments: