Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dazed and Confused (Jason London, 1993)


I've never seen this movie, but the title sure is appropriate for how I feel right now.

Sassy must have a pretty sweet blessing on the way because in the last few days, she's been really tried by drama. So, what do I do? My initial reaction is to just react with whatever pops into my mind. But, I'm reminded right now, that I must take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Cor. 10:5). Do you know how difficult that is to put into practice?

When someone attacks or hurts me, my knee jerk reaction is to hit back (not literally). Sassy ain't no wimp and she's not going to let anyone run over her. But, that's not the example we see in Jesus...or in Mary (the one that worshiped at his feet). Mary sat at Jesus' feet and people began criticizing her. She didn't say anything, she just continued washing His feet and worshiping. It was the Lord that responded: "Let her alone. Why do you bother her?" (Mk. 14:6) Mary did not have to say anything. The Lord handled the situation and rebuked her critics.

Sometimes, it's difficult to wait on the Lord to handle my conflicts. But, that's the challenge I guess. The sassiness is easy!!! The Jesus girl part is the challenge. It REALLY is a daily death (1 Cor. 15:31). Now, I don't suggest anyone be a doormat. You know Sassy would NEVER be that way. But, sometimes, it's better to say nothing and wait to see what God will do.

Believe me! I know it's NOT easy! But, God never promised it would be.

1 comment:

Audra said...

You're not missing anything from that movie...I didn't like it. But, Amen to your post!