Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Hidden (Kyle MacLachlan--1987)

I must say, The Hidden, is one of the grossest movies I've ever seen. Yet, I was strangely compelled to not only watch it once, but three times. Ugh! The site of that alien moving from body to body--not cute.

That aside..

Raise your hand if you've ever lost something that you put away (so you wouldn't lose it). My hand is raised. Why? Because, I just did this in the last two weeks. My husband and I were watching Fool's Gold, staring the lovely Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. It's a thoughtless, light hearted romantic comedy--which is usually my type of movie. But, Sassy just wasn't feeling this one. I was bored to death. So, I took the movie out and placed it on my desk. Where it went from there, I don't know.

I remember looking at that DVD for a few days thinking I'd better move it to a higher spot before my one year olds roaming hands found it. So, that's what I did. Well, it's a week later and I have no idea where I put that DVD. But, I KNOW I put it somewhere to avoid losing it later. Good thing I did that, huh? Of course, if I'd left it on the desk, I'd know exactly where it is. However, I had to go and put it in a "safe" (read: lost) place. Brilliant!!

It makes me thankful that I have Jesus. I mean, I can't even keep up with a DVD that "I" put in a "safe place." However, the Lord is omniscient--knows all (including where my DVD is). So, I think my life is in better hands with Him leading the way.

No comments: