Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Midnight Madness (Michael J. Fox, 1980)

Lastnight, my son woke up at least five times between 10 pm and midnight. I don't know what the problem was. He didn't seem to be sick or in pain. Initially, I was not a happy camper. Afterall, Sassy's "me time" usually occurs then. But, when I checked on him, he reached for me and kissed my cheek in the dark. It was the sweetest little touch. So, I held him, rocked him, sang him a song, and laid him down. Of course, he was screaming 10 minutes later. I'm sure the sleep Nazis would kill me for this. But, I stopped fighting it, and brought him to my office. I held him while finishing up a website. After all, how many more opportunities will I have to just cuddle him in the middle of the night? I guess that was all he wanted because when I laid him down this time, he went to sleep for the rest of the night.

It was a sweet sweet time. I could have been my normally cranky self (as I like to be when things interrupt my schedule). But, instead, I just enjoyed the moment and I think we both slept better because of it. So, the next time you're thrown a curve ball, relax, take a breath, and try to find something good in it. It may be one of those midnight blessings in disguise.

1 comment:

momtoabean said...

:) I love this post :)