Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Glory (Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, 1989)

Pray for Morgan Freeman's recovery from his automobile accident. If you see that car, you'll know there's definitely a God! I'm so grateful that he's okay.

_____________________

Ironically enough, Sunday's sermon was about spiritual warfare. I say that it's ironic because I blogged about this throughout last week. So, I'm convinced the Lord was/is trying to show me something about this topic. I think it finally clicked!

1. Spiritual warfare is life--every single day--not just the conflict and trials that arise here and there.

2. The war is against principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this age, and against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places, not people (Eph. 6:12).

3. Even in conflicts with people, I need to rely more on my spiritual armor than my natural defenses.

4. My spiritual armor isn't as effective when I view things through a carnal lense. So, I'm charged to evaluate the spiritual implications of every situation I encounter before I respond.

5. Life really is a battle. My enemy never takes a break. So, I really do have to be "always ready." That's my challenge--being ALWAYS READY.

In the end, it's this journey through spiritual warfare that will ultimately take me from glory to glory. I love how Romans 5:1-5, puts it all into perspective:

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

1 comment:

Audra said...

What a great reminder!