Thursday, September 25, 2008

Point Break (Keanu Reeves, Patrick Swayze, 1991)


I can't exactly explain why, but I feel like I'm on the precipice of a spiritual breakthrough or miracle. Lately, it seems I'm very aware of the Lord working in my life and am seeking Him more each day. I'm reminded of a song by one of my favorite gospel artists, Israel Houghton. The chorus says: "I will search for you and I will find you. I will find you, with all my heart. I will lift my hands to you in worship, I will worship, with all my heart."

Thinking of those lyrics reminds me of Hebrews 11:6. It reads: "But without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God, must believe that He is, and He is a rewarder of those that dilligently seek Him." In the original biblical language, the word dilligently comes from the Hebrew word, ekzeteo. It implies worshipping God, searching him out, demanding His presence, investigating Him, and seeking Him out carefully. Oh Lord, that's right where I've found myself lately. But, more importantly, I know that's the place God has always been. He's never taken His eyes off me. He's always searched me out and demanded my presence.

So, I don't know what this breakthrough will look like or when it will occur. But, I know it will be something awesome because the Lord rewards those who seek Him. The Chris Tomlin song, God of This City, says it best.

No comments: